Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tree!

After making some of the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies ever, me and the girls took a drive to a nearby tree farm.  We picked out this lovely specimen:


Total cost: 2.5 manners.  Awesome.

Driving to a gardening shop, the eldest had a complete freak out: some weird little bug was walking on her window.  Must have come in with the tree I told her.  Just kill it.

Of course, I had to pull over.  Getting out of the car I banged my knee hard on the steering column.  I think the girls have already heard all the words I proceeded to utter, but I imagine this time will serve as memorable reinforcement.

I paid almost as much for the damned pot and mulch as I did the tree.  I stopped in the field next to my place and filled up the pot about a quarter full with dirt before taking it home.  Once in the house, I mixed in the mulch, a few rocks, and some fertilizing cubes.

I then pulled out all the Christmas decorations and realized that most of our lights were busted.  I went out and bought a soldering iron and an extra set of lights.  The picture you see is without the busted set of lights.  I'll fix those up after supper.

The girls had a blast dolling up the tree proper.

I like our little tree.  Hopefully it will stay with us for a good chunk of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment